it's good to have an end to journey towards, but it is the journey that matters, in the end ....

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

code and munich the movie

nothing can be more frustrating than a huge program's successful run hinging on a piece of code that should ideally work but is not working ... what is the issue permissions - no, typos - no, bad luck probably yes. i just needed a break from it so thought of updating the blog...

anyways met someone over the lunch today - a guy originally from mumbai - who is around same age as mine and is being nominated for Godell prize next year - he works in game theory in MS joined 8-10 months ago. something like the youngest nominee ever..interesting personality with lots of philosophical books and serious movies and does real sketching of people (told me that he funded half of his europe trip by sketching for people).. he lives virtually inside pike place market in downtown seattle and is a movie reviewer as well so gets invited to free movie shows 1 month before movie's release and get to authoratively brag about it :). he was pitying me coz i live in east side .. I dont mind switching to west side if I get the free movie shows. anyways i personally like the bellevue downtown more than the seattle downtown..even my redmond area is not bad ..its very peaceful..and may be in my heart i am still a country girl... its funny i almost feel i am living in India coz there are indians above me and besides me..i don't know who is below me...before i came in my apartment, it was occupied by indian couple - dushiant and ruchi - i stil lget thier letters - i dont like the name dushiant though isnt it a villian's name?

anways this guy recommended me a movie called munich and the more i hear about it the more i want to see it. the movie is about israili soldiers who were sent to secretly kill people in retaliation for attack in 1972 olympics..its about their pysche how would you feel if you are in a diff country for 2 years away from friends family just getting a list of people and killing them...
more on http://www.empiremovies.com/movies.php?id=3551&munich.htm
anyways time to get back to work :)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope Dushiant (and for that matter any Dushiant) doesn't come across your blog :-P

7:58 PM

 
Blogger Nishit said...

Dushiant (or Dushyant as I have heard) is *NOT* a villian's name. He used to be a king of India once upon a time, whose son was Bharat (after whom our country was named).

Munich must be a heck of a movie. First of all, it's made by my favourite Spielberg and nobody dare point finger to him for handling such stories after beautifully crafted Schindler's List. Add to it, I had read this story long time back and have been a biiig time admirer of the ways by which Israel annihilates their enemies. Long live Israel!! Long live Mosad!!

8:15 PM

 
Blogger arati kadav said...

also dushiant now i remember was hero of the story shakuntala and dushiant....

9:39 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have managed to create enuf excitement for Munich in me. I think it released today.

2:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home