it's good to have an end to journey towards, but it is the journey that matters, in the end ....

Friday, December 30, 2005

entering a bar

Okay how many of you knew that we need to have an ID to enter a bar ? Well there was a get together of msn srch dev bugs in the lincoln square - upscale bar and pool table in bellevue downtown (http://www.lincoln-square.com/entertainment_one.php?cidx=14) and I went there with Michael -( he is a racer and well lots of peopel wished me good luck because he was driving me there and he later claimed that since I just sqealed once I did a good job :).
It is funny his car has a cop detector so that he can reduce his speed when cops are around :). )
So coming back to the point, I went to the bar with my MS id and and credit card and the guy won't let me in! "I need to see your id ma'm" "I need to see your id ma'm" - that's all he kept repeating. So we had to call up Ed who was coming in late to pick up my bag from office that had my driver's license. Meanwhile I had to wait and I almost bought an expensive queen size bed from thomasville - a furniture shop downstairs :).
Once I entered it was fun - I played pool (i am stil learning) with dave, ankur and the 4th guy whose name I didnt know. Dave did show me a lot of cues. And then I stuck to my orange juice - which incidentally looked like beer from outside. Ate the appetizers and some guy in office would explain me every time what they were and esp their contents. Was there for a couple of hours and came back.
Met rahul bhagat - he came in the apartment last night and chatted with him for long. He is in LA contemplating a PhD. It was good. The way he talks, the content of his talks, they were all so American - but well his PJs and laughs still remained the same characteristic Nagpurian one :).

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have to show an ID if u look below 27.
Was the last name of the guy who drove u, schumacher.....lol.
Have a gr8 new year.

2:58 PM

 
Blogger arati kadav said...

i am NOT a kid ..anything but a kid and i HATE anyone who calls me a kid ...you get that baby!

1:34 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home