it's good to have an end to journey towards, but it is the journey that matters, in the end ....

Monday, January 02, 2006

holiday diary

Dec 30 - went pub hopping in downtown seattle(while my parents were visiting shirdi) - man this is real US

Dec 31 - went to a party..had made and taken kheer for it (it was not too diff than gyan vaishnavi's divine kheer i ate in iitk)... slept once at 11.30 pm and then many a times from 1 -2 on their sofa..finally at 3.30 in my apartment

1 Jan - was so much better- went berseck shopping in the morn...bought some gifts and activewear.. talked to vids for a long time ...talked to saurabh too and listened to him boasting about his long jogs :)! went to gym - jogged < mile , had a nice relaxing steam and jacuzzi ...came back, spent the eve reading a novel - Innocence - and looking out of my glass wall, listening to good jazz music, sipping tea and munching cereals..total absolute bliss....

2 Jan -8 in the am i hear some earth shattering noises- i come out of my bedroom into the hall see three huge men waving at me ....one of them (a russian from accent) says " Good morning miss we are renovating your apartment"..gosh how cud i forget..its going on since 1 week...so here i am today on a holiday - made(while listening to them complaining about their boss) and packed my lunch and came to office...caught up with pathak after a long time..it was nice ... well i invited one of my seniors for dinner at my apartment so will leave at 3, goto gym and then to safeway- buy some stuff and then to my apartment..hope the workers will be gone by then ...

other news - i have taken to champagnes and white wines ... havent taken bath today....

2 Comments:

Blogger Alistair D'souza said...

hey arati..
thanks wrote that poem at one in the morning on 31st :-)
Anyways I partied on 31st-1st... danced a lot... slept at 3 ish (30 mins of packing included) and left home at 5am to get back to bang...

workwise doing well.... moving ahead in life... wherever I go ppl look at me an say "aage badho!!! aage badho!!!"... other depts.. well still window shopping. Damn I missed the christmas sale... :-)

PS: have you taken a bath yet... I went thru the week of 18th to 24th without a bath cause of my trek :-) I know its not a very nice thinghy to do but somebody had to do it.

9:08 PM

 
Blogger Alistair D'souza said...

oh yeah... and talking about wines... my fridge is loaded with a lot of home made wines... :-)

9:19 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home